Mistu Sato Hair Academy Philosophy
Our Beauty School Philosophy
We believe that hair design is an art form, a living medium: we are the painters and sculptors, using line, color, shape, texture, proportion and rythym to create individual expression. We are the makers of beauty and we believe all hair can be beautiful.
WE MAKE IT HAPPEN AT MITSU SATO HAIR ACADEMY.
To be successful in all aspects of their careers, today’s students need as much emphasis on learning the most current techniques and artistic approaches to hairdressing as passing the exam for their cosmetology licenses.
A 1500 hour cosmetology course that…
…bends and shapes you from straight to curly, black to blonde,
then back again because that’s what we do: we learn, we
grow, we change. We give body to the limp-headed, waves to
the stiff-headed and light to the dull-stranded. We shape,
twist, cut and scuplt all for the love of it, all for the beauty of it.
Beauty school training that teaches you
1. 9 forms of hair cutting based on the Vidal Sassoon method (be able to create any style there is)
2. Men’s hair cutting A-Z, based on the American Crew method.
3. Texture services ( perm, hair straightening and hair extension).
4. In-depth color theory and creative approch to hair coloring that set you apart from others.
5. Methods of how to become a successful hairstylist financially and artistically, and how to build a loyal client base.
6. Multicultural hair services and various occassional updo hairstyles.
7. You’ll master makeup applications from weddings to behind the scenes cat walk with professinoals.
Extra opportunities as a student of the hair academy include:
1. Involvement in fashion shows in the area.
2. Behind-the-scenes experience of hair stylists in action.
3. Participation in the hair academy’s very own fashion show.
4. Building a portfolio.
Post graduate opportunities:
1. Each graduate can advance to the New Talent Program at Mitsu Sato Salon.
2. Compensation while continuing to learn and work in the salon.
3. Participation in on-going demonstrations, advanced training, fashion shows and lectures.
4. Refresher courses at no cost.