Summer is a great time to be playing in the pool or basking on the beach. But sun, heat and chlorine can really do damage to your ‘do. Here are 6 hot tips to beat the summer heat!
- If you’ve just colored your hair, mix some regular sunscreen and leave-in conditioner and apply the mixture with your fingers or a comb.
- Try to avoid using hair dryers or other heat-generating styling tools.
- Put your hair in a braid or pony tail. Less hair exposed is less hair damaged.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Before jumping in the pool, coat your hair with a natural oil, such as coconut oil, and then wash it as soon as you’re done swimming.
- If you don’t have time to prepare, always keep a great summer hat in your car or bag. It will protect your hair and your face, while making you the belle of the beach!
If you want to learn amazing skills and awesome tips such as these, find out more about our Cosmetology, Esthetics and MUD Programs, at https://mitsusatohairacademy.com/.